Our Flu Shots will be available from mid April 2016. Please follow our Facebook pages for updates.
This year we are offering a quadrivalent (4 strain) flu shot. This vaccine provides a greater level of protection against the flu than last year's trivalent (3 strain) vaccines.
These vaccinations are free to eligible patients, and are offered to all other patients for a $20 fee. Appointments are essential so call your nearest Family Practice Medical Centre to secure your spot.
Please note: flu shot bookings cannot be made online.
I had a flu shot last year, why do I need another?
Every year this virus is different, and several strains may circulate at the same time. That is why, even if you had a flu shot last year, you will need to receive this year’s vaccine if you wish to protect yourself for this year’s expected flu season.
What is the difference between the flu and the common cold?
Influenza (flu) is a highly contagious viral infection that is transmitted from person to person through the air by coughing or sneezing, or through direct contact with the virus on hard surfaces and people’s hands. Unlike the common cold, the flu can cause severe illness and lead to medical complications that require hospitalisation.
If you want protection this winter book your flu shot with us today. Our medical centres provide a safe and caring environment.
- Our flu shots are suitable for children six (6) months and older,
- The flu shot is safe, recommended and funded for pregnant women,
- Our flu vaccine protects against 4 different flu strains,
- We have an onsite medical team with immunisation and adverse reaction training for your safety,
- Even our receptionists must possess an up-to-date CPR certificate for patient care,
- Our doctors review your history and check your current health as part of the consultation,
- Your safety and wellbeing are our top priority.
Why choose anywhere else? Find your nearest Family Practice Medical Centre to book today