S.H.A.G Clinic Sexual Health And Guidance For Teens
Sexual health can be an awkward topic to bring up for anyone. Many people are not brave enough to face the facts; but as young adults, you need to be sexually responsible, not only for yourselves but for your partner as well. The SHAG Clinic is a sexual health clinic which aims to make it easier for teens to access sexual health information and services. We know you may face a few obstacles, so here is how we overcome them.
- We bulk bill – that means no cost to you if your family is with Medicare.
- Don’t have your own Medicare Card? That’s fine, we can look up your family’s card number for you. They don’t even need to know.
- Don’t want your parent/guardian to come? If you are 15 or older then you don’t need to be accompanied.
- We are confidential – so we don’t routinely tell your parents/guardians that you visited our clinic
- Think you may need some tests done? There is bulk billing pathology right next door so you don’t need to travel to a different location.
- Just need to talk things out with someone? That’s what we are here for. There is no reason to feel embarrassed.
- Puberty education,
- Sexual education,
- Pap smears for sexually active women,
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing,
- Contraception advice and prescription,
- Long term (reversible) contraceptive options,
- Pregnancy testing and shared maternity care – support and advice from a registered midwife,
- Sexual assault support and referral to appropriate counselling services,
- Sexual and reproductive health support – relationships, intimacy, and performance.