Asthma | Diabetes | Osteoporosis | Skin Cancer
Chronic illnesses affect Australians of all ages, sizes and backgrounds. These health conditions do not descriminate and can begin affecting a person at any time in their life. To help you prevent, identify and manage these conditions please make use of the health information below by following the links.
The information provided is very general, so please speak to your GP if you have concerns about an existing or possible chronic condition. Our Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) nurses are onsite at each Family Practice Medical Centre to provide support and education for chronic illnesses; so if you have been diagnosed with a chronic condition you can be sure you will receive the quality care you need in order to improve your quality of life.
- What is asthma?
- How can I prevent asthma?
- Can adults develop asthma?
- What can I do to manage my asthma?
- What is asthma first aid?
- What is diabetes?
- Is diabetes preventable?
- What do the different types of diabetes mean?
- What services are available to help me with my diabetes?
- How do you diagnose osteoporosis?
- Can osteoporosis be treated?
- Is it possible to reverse osteoporosis or prevent it?
- What should you look out for?
- How do you know if a mole is suspicious?
- What should you do if you are concerned about a mole?
Sexual Health Information
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- What are STIs?
- What are the types of STIs?
- How do you prevent STIs?
- Pap Smears
- Cervical Cancer
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- What is a Women’s Sexual Health Check?
We have medical centres along the East Coast of Australia, each with its own EPC nurse for chronic illness managment. Find your nearest Family Practice using our Practice Locator and call them today to secure your appointment.