D R Medical Services Cairns Pty Ltd ABN 72 096 229 784 trading as Family Practice Medical Centres (referred to in this document as we, our or us) understand how important your privacy is, so we are committed to protecting your personal information. We maintain the security of your personal information at all times so you can feel confident accessing our services. This policy details the collection, disclosure, use and management of personal information about you. It also explains the collection, use and disclosure of de-identified data collected through our online resources.
This policy is governed by The Privacy Act 1988, and the 2014 revised Australian Privacy Principles.
Types of information collected
We collect and store personal information that includes, but is not limited to, sensitive information regarding your health and personal details. This information can identify you and will be used to provide you with the medical services you require.
Our websites also collect a range of de-identified information. This is in the form of webpage statistics that cannot identify you. Online user information such as age, your regional location and interests is also collected by the Google Analytic Cookies we employee, but this information is also unable to identify you.
Purpose of collection
The personal information we collect is completely dependent on your interactions with the various Family Practice staff members and the services you utilise. The core need for collecting and storing your information is for the purpose of:
- Supplying you or the person you care for with necessary services,
- Supplying you with information about other services we or associated entities can offer, which may be a benefit or of interest to you.
- Improving our services and practice operations to better meet your needs
- Fulfilling our obligations as medical service providers and supplying an efficient, effective medical service for you or those you care for.
- Online statistics and user information are collected to understand the use of our websites, and valued content so we can provide you with an efficient and informative online experience (opt-out information is included below).
Method of collection
We will generally collect personal information directly from you through the use of our in-practice forms, and from enquires you make via email, telephone or our online query form. In some cases where it is impractical to collect the information directly from you, we may gather personal information indirectly (this could be in the form of adding test results to your medical record).
In terms of online information, we are utilising Google Analytics cookies and the DoubleClick cookie to collect de-identified user data. This is used to understand who is visiting our website so we can analyse performance and improve the content, and to assist us with our online promotions and remarketing. None of the cookies we use collect personally identifiable information. The cookies help Google and Google partners to display our online ads across the internet and serve ads based on a user’s past visit to our website.
You are also able to opt out interest based online advertising through the Network Advertising Initiative here http://www.networkadvertising.org/ simply follow the opt-out prompts.
Use and Disclosure
The use of your personal information is generally limited for the purposes disclosed above. Other cases we may disclose your information include:
- Securely sending them to other health professionals if required for your care; providing you have been informed/authorised the transfer, and
- In the event of an emergency involving you and your nominated next of kin or, the emergency services require them for your care.